If you’re searching for the best kitchen remodeling Delaware has ever seen, then you aren’t alone. In fact, kitchen remodeling is and has always been one of the most common home improvement jobs. Because homeowners spend a lot of time in the kitchen, these rooms see a lot of wear and tear over the years. But more importantly, rebuilding your kitchen from the ground up can offer a huge return on investment by increasing the value of your home.
According to convention, a quality kitchen remodeling project should cost about 5% of your home’s value, and home improvement experts say the average range of kitchen remodeling projects is between $17,000 and $37,000. That might seem high to some, but in a recent study from Remodelers 360, 93% of respondents said they were either happy with their kitchen remodeling budget or wish they had spent more.
In 2016, many homeowners are interested in more than simply adding new cabinets and countertops, they’re looking for kitchen remodeling ideas that will make them the envy of the Pinterest world. So without further ado, here are some of the top contemporary kitchen remodeling trends to consider.
- Concrete, Concrete Everywhere: Using concrete in unexpected places has been a popular home improvement trend for the past several years, and now concrete is even showing up in kitchens. Besides being a durable and long-lasting building material, it also matches the industrial aesthetic that’s increasingly popular in loft-style rooms. Many home remodeling designers are using concrete for both flooring and countertops in kitchens.
- Bold Color Schemes: Tired of beige, avocado, and the other boring colors you’ll find in kitchens the world over? Then you aren’t alone. More people are ditching traditional kitchen colors for vibrant, eye-catching color combinations, like neon robin’s egg. Geometric wallpapers are also making a comeback.
- Accent Lighting: Unusual lighting fixtures are common in many modern home remodels. Whether it’s minimalistic overhead lighting, accent lighting underneath a kitchen island, or gothic chandeliers, a bold lighting choice will make a kitchen stand out.
- Creative Kitchen Islands: Many people’s dream kitchen involves a prominent kitchen island, but today designers are having a lot of fun with the traditional island. With a little imagination, there are countless ways these pieces can be customized to your liking. Talk with your home improvement or countertop supplier for some fun ideas.
- The Peninsula: Finally, there’s the kitchen peninsula, ideal for homeowners and loft dwellers with limited space to work with. Peninsulas are like kitchen islands, except one side connects to a wall. And like kitchen islands, peninsulas can double as storage, countertops, or bar-style seating.
- Laminate Flooring: About 54% of homebuyers say they will pay more for a home with laminate flooring, which is why so many people are replacing tile with laminate in kitchens all over the country.
Got any more ideas? Contact our Delaware kitchen remodeling experts and start getting creative with your home improvement project.